Betta Blinds is a South Australian family owned and operated business. We believe we have brought “old fashioned country” values to the blind and awning industry. We believe in the value proposition where price and quality meet.
Covering Windows For South Australians For Over 50 Years
• All aspects of open cut shot firing, utilising Orica software and products, providing active cover for ROG contracts. This involves working with quarry personnel ensuring all production targets are met in a safe and efficient manner, as well as working the mine plan in adherence with the client. Mine planning is jointly worked to enable correct phase development. This includes everyday blast design for all aspects of blasting methods.
• Extensive experience in using Ikon system and successfully demonstrated products to customers. This includes extensive use of ShotPlus for initiation designs as well as demonstrating other key features for customer use
• Successfully completed fragmentation baseline study and vibration analysis, providing customer with revised limits for initiation design.
• Continual customer support and involved in providing technical support for new tenders
(from September 2016 to March 2017)
After completing the grad scheme, appointed Project Co-ordinator for the London Home Counties division. This role involves;
• Managing all aspects of a new sand and gravel processing plant at the flagship quarry in West London
• Supervising and managing contractors, ensuring they are working safely and in compliance with rules and regulations
• Managing project spend and schedule
• Working as assistant quarry manager, ensuring production was maintained during new build of plant as well as managing operations team
• Trouble shooting any issues that arise. Ran the dry and wet commissioning stages
• Project was a success, delivered on time and on budget. Was earmarked to be relocated to a greenfield site in North London, managing a sister sand and gravel plant as well as managing other projects for the division before opportunity with Orica.
• Also involved in other projects for the business, including working alongside Caterpillar to revise fleet management across the whole aggregates business. This was to review HME utilisation % and efficiency, as well as tracking maintenance plans and working hours to ensure optimal use
(from July 2012 to March 2013)
Worked as an apprentice at a new gold and silver mine site in Mexico before commencing studies at Camborne School of Mines. During my time there;
• Surveyed and mapped the entire greenfield site, running and training a small team of locals in the process.
• Assisted in supervising construction sites, as well as working alongside contractors and consultants on behalf of the construction and project manager.
• Procured equipment for construction of the mine
• Learnt basic use of Surpac
• Worked alongside the geological team and associated drill rigs.
(from October 2011 to May 2012)
Primarily worked as a junior buyer at the MineFinders site in Chihuahua but moved into trainee Engineer role. Was part of a large successful gold and silver mine in full production.
• Sourced specialist equipment worldwide
• Worked alongside the engineering department for costings throughout the business
• Worked with the production manager and mine supervisor in drill and blast methods, workshop maintenance and geological assessments
Safe and Efficient Blasting (Orica)
(from May 2018 to May 2018)
Orica training course in which Orica Worldwide technical lead demonstrated key blasting principles for use in both underground and open cut mining. This covered all aspects, from buffer blasts to sink shots. Discussed all aspects of blasting, from software to vibration management.
IOSH Managing Safely
(from May 2017 to May 2017)
Rules and regulations pertaining to safety in the UK. How risk is assessed and managed and how to apply. Recognised management qualification in the UK.
MPQC Quarry Regulations and ACOP
(from January 2017 to January 2017)
Learnt UK quarry regulations and how to apply them. Recognised management course in the UK
BEng Mining Engineering Camborne School of Mines
(from September 2013 to July 2016)
• Able to survey underground and surface using total stations, GPS and traditional methods. Undertook a full underground survey of the Holmans Underground Test Mine, including AutoCAD mapping.
• Used specialist software for mine design and geotechnical assessments, Deswick and RocScience respectively.
• Studied in-depth geotechnical modules for surface and underground mining
• Also utilised Deswick for a mine schedule as well as underground mine design
• Used equipment for drilling and blasting underground as well as design blasting methods for both mining methods.
• Studied quarrying methods as part of Surface mining as well as underground mining modules
• Full breakdown of modules and grades available upon request.
• Gained Accreditation (ACSM) July 2016
Gained CDM 2015 certification
UKOtherMiningWorking Holiday VisaLast Active
16 April 2019
6 years experience all rounder in hospitality
(from March 2018 to August 2012)
Provide a clean environment for patrons and assist each individual patron with VIP services while managing bar and gaming floor with hourly food preparation and service and complying with the RSA & RCG conducts
Tab & keno operations cash cheque and eftpos transactions, reception, bottle shop attendant, functions & events, promotions,housekeeping functions host and food waiter