I am a true HR practitioner with excellent experience, solid skills and knowledge base in HR with a “can do” approach to deliver positive outcomes in support of the business, successfully demonstrated during my employment with Downer EDI, CKJV – Gorgon project, Activ Foundation and at Uniting Care.
I believe in being responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of a company’s human resources department. Typically, I supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic and operational plans, organisation development including design and charts, employee engagement programs, on-boarding, retention, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and employee relations.
My interpersonal skills are well developed and well suited for multicultural and diverse workforce, I am friendly, honest and instils confidence in people to approach me to discuss an issue, I listen and assist them were I can in a professional way and always regard the discussions as confidential between us.
I’ve mastered the ability and understanding of the importance to be approachable and to listen what people including my colleagues, senior managers and external stakeholders have to say and contribute to add value to the organisation.
I have a strong record of achievement in design and implementation of multi-disciplined Human Resources divisions where I have demonstrated my ability to lead people, develop strategies, organisation development, policies and processes, system administration, management maintenance and enhancements of the entire suite of HR systems associated with payroll, rostering, establishment and recruitment, including the provision of HR system automated reporting; ensuring compliancy with legislation, industrial agreements, policies and procedures to support the operational needs and influence the strategic direction of the organisation.
Perform regular system audits, risk management and analyses to ensure accurate and on time availability of relevant HR data to the organisation. I am proficient in the direct development and implementation of organisational development programs, employee orientation and training programs, benefits plans, policies and guidelines, database management procedures, equal opportunity employment programs, employee records and documentation policies.
I was instrumental in the design and implementation of HR processes and internal controls to ensure accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
My professional conduct and leadership skills of integrity, respect, honesty, support, communication and collaboration and direction to my stakeholders and team members never failed me and I believe contributed to enhanced team activities, productivity and true business partnering.
I strongly believe in leading by example displaying my attitudes, ethic beliefs, practices and actions exemplify what I expect from others in the workplace. I am honest and forthright about any errors or misjudgements that I make, encouraging my team to do the same.
Therefore, my values and ethical believes will meet the standards of future employers and I am confident in demonstrating same as I have throughout my career.
I place a high value on workplace health and safety and team work, cultural diversity and inclusion and coached many employees and stakeholders in the past.
In my role as a leader I focus on the following key factors:
• Direction by strategic thinking, establishing a shared purpose, encouraging team work and responsibility.
• Motivate commitment by inspiring confidence, team development, communication to motivate and empower team members, create collaboration opportunities and encourage personal excellence.
• Drive for results by prioritising work and set focus, accountability, influence stakeholders, encourage creative thinking and lead change to shape the culture.
During my career I was accountable for the successful implementation of many change and continuous improvement initiatives projects and listed some of my major achievements are:
• Change Management - Team leader of change management project for Human Resources - Target was to save 40% on baseline budget, achieved and maintained 45% savings.
• Accountable for the implementation of Pay Global Payroll System and new enterprise agreement for the Activ Foundation (2300) employees, including reports and process manuals.
• Implementation and management of Performance Management systems for various employers including a joint venture (1557 employees)
• Lead and manage large Human Resources teams for various employers. (End to end HR service delivery)
• Implementation of PageUp People recruitment system for Downer Australia West.
• Setup and implementation of a recruitment call centre for Downer Australia West (saved 2 weeks on ERMS processing time)
• Implementation and training of SAP Payroll and Human Resources modules (5400 employees)
Most recently while I was employed with Uniting Care West I was responsible for the day to day operations delivering a service to our customers and stakeholders and reviewed all HR related processes and payroll, policies, procedures including the performance management program and made recommendation to management to streamline and improve the communication and training process.
Recently I was the key stakeholder (Project Manager) at the Activ Foundation and responsible for the implementation of a new payroll system and a new EBA. I analysed the EBA and identified the changes that had to be made to ensure the correct configuration of the payroll system, prepared the test packs, reviewed policies and procedures and test results before implementation.
While I was employed with CKJV on the Gorgon gas project I was responsible for the implementation of a performance management system and performance reviews for both parties – CB&I and Kentz and trained, monitored and managed the review process for 1557 staff employees.
With a previous employer I was accountable for the implementation of a performance management program, training, communication and maintenance of the program for many years.
In a previous position, I was responsible for Industrial Relations and the lead negotiator accountable for the full scope of transitions activities, ER/IR and associated administration for multiple EBA’s.
I hold a BA degree in Human Resources Management with majors in:
• Human Resources Management
• Industrial Psychology
• Organisational Development
• Economics and Statistics
I also hold a post graduate BA Honours degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial
Relations and Labour Law and have a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment.
I am a professional member of the Australian Human Resources Institute (CAHRI) and have
full accreditation in the DDI behavioural based interview processes.