Statement of Competencies/Essential Criteria
• Degree: M.A. Clinical Psychology
• B.A. (Hons) Psychology
• Dip. Youth & Community Work
4yrs retail/hospitality, customer service eftpos register cash handling opening and closing procedures supermarket work, kitchenhand front of house casual barwork
Eligibility for membership of professional Association
• I have experience in a case management model within a supported accommodation Unit, working within a feminist model and working with clients needs and priorities including:
Client based work, from a feminist perspective and family systems approach, especially with Women and Children; prioritising women’s, safety, crisis intervention, support, counselling, advocacy and practical support in relation to:
• Housing/Accommodation, Housing S.A. and Non-government sector housing, familiarity with priority one and two state housing criteria in S.A.
• Employment Contact and liaison with Centrelink, Employment network providers and some advocacy and support work on an as and when needed basis
• Education with TAFE , Uni WEA or appropriate training and education unit (nationally recognized)
• re-networking with support agencies and social service agencies as appropriately,
• the respect, safety and confidentiality of clients was maintained with a high degree of professional ethics through regular supervision, team accountability and organizational boundaries being maintained, including working with clients from culturally diverse backgrounds, in ensuring interpretation services were available.
• I brought a mother’s experience and knowledge of everyday life, breastfeeding, nursery talk and language development and play activities; knowledge, I do not suspend in my clinical/counselling practice.
• My degree in Psychology including Units in Developmental Psychology with a recognition of:
• The range of normal development, mother-child interactions, reaching/ grabbing behaviour, pointing behaviour, first words,/first steps , movement, play -peer interactions; general criteria used by psychologists, child nurses, social workers (checklists and interview based and observational records,) incl. knowledge of the potential consequences of violence and abuse
• assessment via interviewing, with child appropriate language use,
• use of behavioural & observational records, ethics and codes of conduct concerning child safe environments
• My self care strategies include being very clear about my own professional boundaries and ethics, engagement in fitness and health regimes, and supports I identify as useful.
• I do not support ‘home’ visiting, except on an as and when needed basis and only via prior arrangement and informed consent and contracted between both parties
My case management records and documents were always maintained with accuracy and attention to client confidentiality, ethics regarding client records and rights.