Contracts and Documentation Team Lead
(from May 2016 to July 2016)
Contracts and Documentation Team Lead
AEDC is the licensed electricity distributor in the Abuja Electricity Zone Nigeria. I was responsible to provide contracting support to the company’s projects and all major transactions.
As the focal point of contact and contractual lead in projects, I
o Work closely with transactions and project teams to ensure proper specifications and contracts administration.
o Maintain steady liaison with contract package owners to address all issues arising from the contracts;
o Provide current contracts status update to management
o Ensure conformity with company contracting guidelines and approvals
Contracting Counsel Nigeria
(from November 2013 to May 2014)
Accenture is a global management consulting and professional services firm that provides strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations services and as the contracting counsel Nigeria, I was responsible to
• Guide the deal teams in contracting strategies, lead negotiations, analyze the risks inherent in terms and conditions and proffer solutions, and
• Support the project management function by ensuring compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements and also in change managements, claim submissions and savings.
• Analyze customer invitations to tender and proposed responses in accordance with company standards for terms of sale/risk profile, prepare exceptions/qualifications, and participate in subsequent contract negotiations;
• Represent business interests in customer and internal meetings and interface directly with client negotiating teams to ensure company forms or standards are used in the contract;
• Prepare the formal reviews and reports on the risks, mitigation, and resolution to management;
• Counsel, advise, and consult company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity;
(from May 2013 to October 2013)
Southern Swamp Associated Gas Solution Project (Nigeria) – Value US$ 827 million
An Engineering Procurement and Construction project to construct a new central associated gas processing facility and refurbish/upgrade 3 remote intermediate existing flow stations in Port Harcourt in Nigeria.
I was one of the contract administrators administering the project’s contracts, ensuring that all aspects of the project’s contracts are addressed and complied with, to maximize the project revenues and specifically, drafting, negotiating, managing change orders, variations and prepare claims.
(from June 2012 to May 2013)
Income Electrix Limited is an indigenous EPC company that provides electricity and power engineering services in the Nigerian Power and Oil and Gas industry. I was responsible to:
• Provide on-going contracts and commercial support for projects, identifying contract risks and championing commercial solutions, and
• Ensure that contracts are managed properly, service levels maintained and key performance indicators met
Legal and Contracts Manager
(from September 2009 to February 2012)
I was the legal and contract’s manager to Puzzles Group, a construction and real estate management company in Nigeria.
In this capacity, I started the contracts and commercial management department and supervised the project contracting for Talba, Minna, Niger State 500 units of low cost housing estate project. This is a Niger State Government with a contract value of NGN 2.2 billion.
(from January 2006 to April 2009)
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking, telecommunications equipment, and Services Company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. As one of the commercial manager trainees, I was responsible on assigned projects to:
• Design appropriate business and contracting strategy, prepare projects commercial documents, compliance statements to bid documents, contracts, cover letters and other contract related documentation as required;
• Analyze the contractual and commercial risks of bid, proposals and contracts and led commercial negotiations;
• Managed all the commercial and aspects of assigned projects including savings, cash flow forecasting, drafting of supplemental agreements, bonds, guarantees, insurances, services and materials procurements orders.
(from November 2017 to May 2019)
Post Graduate Diploma Projects Management
(from July 2016 to August 2017)
Master in Corporate and Commercial Laws
University of Lagos, Nigeria
(from October 1995 to November 2000)