Senior Manager - Samsung Electronics Ltd
• Achievements of Samsung Consumer Electronics (CE) products including B2B and Service performance in terms of Sales, investment & operation
• Strategic direction and management for Consumer Electronics Business unit
• Strategic alliance, including business planning, sales strategy and regional development
• P & L, business development, Sales, marketing and Supply chain management
• Execution of CE product line life cycle management, strategic plans
• Monitoring and reporting on the usage of CE business unit budget
• Quality management through optimization and standardization of CE business unit processes
• Monitoring and Reporting of CE sales performance, ensuring increased in market share and sales (Volume and Value) targets and that Samsung’s competitive advantage is maintained
• Ensure application of the company best practices in the operations of the CE business unit
• Provide assistance to the Managing Director - Tanzania on:
Management of all CE business unit operations
• CE business unit performance management, staff recruitment as per approved headcount and budget, staff training and development key staff (talent differentiation)
• Coordinate the activities of CE distributors, channel partners and Field Force teams, motivation and continuous product learning’s of the CE business unit teams
• Ensure responsibility of Internal system (SINGLE, GSCM, GSBN, MNET, PVI, E-Warranty) utilization by self, CE team, distributors, channel and Field Force teams
• Provide market intelligence reports with regards to trends, benchmarking, competitor comparison
• Conduct extensive market research; provide market intelligence reports with regard to new business opportunities for Samsung products – SWOT analysis.
• Introduce, develop, and execute growth strategies for new product launch in liaison with subsidiary team.
• Management of business unit budget incorporating a continuous review of resources and strategic plan into forecasts/review.
• Provide oversight and leadership of:
Channel, Accounts, Retail partners and Field force team and ensuring that they are equipped with product knowledge, motivated and are well branded as per SEC standards.
Process and system improvement to enhance quality and efficiency within the business.
• Prepare periodic (weekly, monthly and quarterly) management reports
• Double the Turnover for Samsung Business in Tanzania, in line with Samsung expected growth for 2015
• Successfully launched and managed 13 new Samsung Exclusive Premium Retail showroom ,which was No.1 in East Africa
• No.1 position in TV /Ref/Washing Machine/ Air condition and Camera in terms of Market share
• Making Samsung No.1 and preferred Electronic brand in Tanzania
• No.1 Country Manager for 40 months in PAN Africa region (2010-2013)
Sales & Marketing Manager - Shivacom Tanzania Ltd
• Heading the activities of Sales & Marketing Department; steering business development efforts across the region for prepaid, post paid, handsets and data card services
• Obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge development.
• Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible
• Managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue & expense controls, meeting agreed targets
• Develop the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans.
• Planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of Retail Manager/sales staff to accomplish specific objectives.
• Monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system for Sales reports
• Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
• Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
• Formulating dealer schemes and incentives; conducting demand forecasting & managing inventory to ensure stock supply as per sales target.
• Managing customer centric operations & ensuring customer satisfaction by achieving the service quality norms; tracking and monitoring all expenses related to market development activities.
• Spearheaded the company performance from $48mn to $180mn
• Successfully launched and managed 23 new Retail store and 13 new partners
Sr. Sales Officer - Nestle India Ltd
• Selected as best performer in the ASM & RSM territories
• Conducted launch programs of primary sales & Sales Promotion activities for the brand Maggi
• Achieved the highest sales for Maggi Soup for Mumbai Branch
• Pioneer in operating the concept of Gravity pack and Scooter boy for the Brand Nescafe in India along with successfully handling other sales promotion projects
• Bhopal continued enjoying being best Model Market for both Chocolates and Confectionary for successive 3yrs
• Madhya Pradesh was also recognized for being the 2nd largest Confectionary Market in the Branch, especially for the brand Nestle Eclairs
• One of the best in achieving the said targets, especially for small SKU in trade and Confectionery
Senior Sales Manager - J & M Communication P/L
• Responsible and accountable to grow the Telstra prepaid business (prepaid cards /USB & wireless modem) and Astrum phone & computer accessories and LED lights in South Australia
• To plan, grow territory within Independent , Groceries , Super Market (IGA , Foodworks, Foodland…etc) Milk bars , News agencies , Gift shops , Petrol pumps , Travel Bureau, Airport ,IT, hardware and Electronics channels
• Develop productive relationship with existing and new accounts
• Understand channel priorities and action planning & execution and provide good customer service
• Execute all brand, promotional strategies , maintaining shelf space and merchandising
• Achieve budget