Various, Research, Product and Advisory
● Legal Policy Advisor, ACT Government (1 year).
● Principal Research Officer, Department of the
Senate (6 months).
● Team Leader, Intelligence Products, Australian Crime
Commission (now the Australian Criminal Intelligence
Agency) (3 years).
● Senior Associate to the Hon. Justice Robson, Supreme
Court of Victoria (2 years).
● Articled Clerk, Harwood Andrews Lawyers (now Sladen
Legal) (1 year).
CleanAI, CEO & Co-Founder
(from June 2018
Cleaner shared mobility using AI. https://www.cleanai.co/
● CleanAI is the platform for automated issues detection in car interiors, public transport and other environments.
● Combining Computer Vision, Machine Learning and advanced sensors, the solution enables fleet managers to respond to hazards in real-time.
● I lead a team of 5 in every aspect of this initiative from initial concept, to market validation, pitching, business development, management of a successful POC with Volkswagen, marketing and fundraising.
● Successes include Finalist in the Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge Innovation Challenge 2018, Winner of the Mercedes-Benz Developers IAA Frankfurt Developers Conference 2019 and listing as one of Germany’s most promising AI startups by the Initiative for Applied Artificial Intelligence in 2020.
The In-Cabin Experience Alliance (ICEA), Founder
(from February 2020
Reimagining the in-cabin experience. https://www.icea.tech/
I founded ICEA as a way to bring together innovative companies working on cutting edge technology for vehicle interiors.
YND Consult, Innovation Consultant & Product Manager
(from November 2017 to April 2020)
Digital Product Studio. https://ynd.co/
● My role was primarily as an innovation consultant to Wirecard AG, a global internet technology and financial services provider. This involved conceptualising and designing new products and technology showcases, testing these with users and presenting them at conferences & events.
A sample of activities:
● Coordinated and QA’d the work of the product and
design teams (6 people).
● Co-designed Wirecard’s Innovation Process with the
VP of Wirecard Innovation Labs.
● Conducted user research and defined use cases for a
POS instant finance service for retail customers.
● Showcased Wirecard’s AI-powered Smartbar at DLD19
Conference in Munich.
● Developed an unmanned store concept that uses
Computer Vision technology for seamless shopping. ● Advised on use cases for wearables and contactless
● Managed the naming, branding and UX design for the
deployment of a proof-of-concept smart kiosk at the Visa Innovation space at Spielfeld Berlin.
Tungsten, User Research Lead
(from November 2017 to May 2018)
Tungsten is a secure end-to-end encrypted messaging app, available on multiple platforms. It’s USP is that it’s a very secure messenger that is both easy and enjoyable to use. https://tungstenapp.com/
● Conducted contextual interviews with users of secure
messaging, experts and privacy advocates.
● Facilitated usability feedback sessions on prototypes and advised on prioritisation of feature development.
● Wrote UX copy and QA’d language for development.
ThinkPlace, Executive Design Manager
(from May 2014 to June 2017)
ThinkPlace is a strategic design consultancy, working with global leaders to create public value. https://www.thinkplaceglobal.com/
I worked as an innovation consultant and service designer on some of the Australian Federal Government’s biggest design challenges.
A sample of activities:
● Led teams for client projects as the senior designer
● Co-designed a new service delivery model for the
Department of Defence, applicable to more than 100,000 people. Conducted contextual interviews with uniform and civilian personnel around the country.
● Worked with the Digital Transformation Agency on the Discovery phase of an Agile transformation programme for government services as a Service Designer and research lead.
● Led usability testing activities for the Department of Health’s rollout of the My Health Record service.
● Established and managed ThinkPlace’s user research capability.
- Gartner Cool Vendor in AI - Automotive and Smart Mobility 2020
- AppliedAI Startup Landscape, Germany's most promising startups - Transport & Mobility 2020
- Finalist, Madrid in Motion SEAT Challenge 2020
- Finalist, Madrid in Motion Ferrovial Challenge 2020
- 1st Place Winner, Mercedes-Benz Developers Hackathon, IAA Frankfurt 2019
- Finalist, Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge Innovation Challenge 2018