• Minh Ly is a highly capable SAP consultant at IBM. She has ten years’ experiences in Finance Accounting Operations, and Finance Systems design and implementation. She is a highly motivated, oriented business analyst with comprehensive experience in many industries including manufacturing, real estate, trading, oil refinery, Machine tools industry.
• She is proficient in pre-sales activities and end-to-end SAP implementation from requirement analysis to system study, designing, testing, documentation, implementation, and delivery management. Her value to a client lies in her ability to understand complex business scenarios in different accounting standards and product costing.
• She has worked on some global initiatives in systems implementations across multiple industries in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and China. Over the last ten years, she has specialized in SAP solutions, working with well-known companies like Deloitte and IBM.
SAP EXPERIENCES - SUMMARY
• Ten full-cycle implementations – Project blueprint through post go-live support
• SAP pre-sales support for many projects
o Ability to understand and capture technical as well as business requirements to complete project scoping
o Understand clients’ requirements and pain points to propose specific solution
o Prepare a presentation related to FICO module and integration points as localization to show the comprehensive solution of SAP and adaptable.
o Demonstrated SAP ECC 6 and S/4 HANA
• ASAP implementation methodology expertise: Project Preparation, Blueprint Business, Realization, Finance Preparation, Go-live and Support.
• Finance Module: New General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting (Multiple GAAP reporting), Bank Accounting (Electronic Bank Statement and Bank interface), Validation and Substitution FICO.
• S/4 HANA data model change in Finance: tables was removed, compatibility view, ACDOCA, ACDOCP
• S/4 HANA – Finance: Appendix Ledger, Business Partner, Cost Elements, New Asset Accounting, FI-CO Integrations.
• S/4 HANA – Finance: Profitability Analysis Accelerator including Profitability Analysis in Universal Journal, Comparison of Profitability Analysis Solutions
• S/4 HANA – Finance: Material Ledger in S/4 HANA
• S/4 HANA – Finance: Finance Migration to S/4 HANA including Finance Functional Preparation Tasks, Configuration, Check, Processing, downtime.
• Bank interface (DMEE) and Electronic Bank Statement (MT940) with DBS Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, and Mizuho (Japanese bank).
• Public Sector Management - Fund Management: Budget Control System (BCS), Actual and Commitment Update/Integration, Closing Operations
• Public Sector Management - Grant Management: Grantee Management, Budgeting and Availability Control, Indirect Costs, Cost Sharing, Billing, Actual and Commitment Update, Integration
• Cash Management including cash flow forecasting including vendor scheduling, Cash balances, and weekly Cash reporting.
• New features of ECC New GL i.e. Parallel Ledger, Segment Reporting, Integrated Profit Centre, Document Splitting, New GL Migration.
• Controlling Module - Cost Centre Accounting, Internal Orders, Profit Centre Accounting, Product Costing for both make to order and make to stock scenario, Actual Costing / Material Ledger, Costing Based Profitability Analysis, Report Painter
• Integration aspect - General Ledger, FI-MM integration, FI-SD integration, CO-PP integration, FI-PS (Asset) integration, FI-PM (Asset and CO) integration
• Hand on experience with product costing analyst, COPA analysis, and reconciliation with FI.
• Trained end-users on FICO and various integration aspects across modules
• Working knowledge of Material Management, Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Distribution.
• FICO authorization set up.
• Cutover and Data Migration experience of manufacturing or services industries.
• Best of IBM 2016
• Service excellent award IBM 2015
• Hundred Percent Club 2015
SAP PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Requirement gathering and analysis
• Worked with business owners, delivery teams in gathering the requirements & documents; it included identification high level business needs. Set up the meeting with the business team to understand the common page level requirements.
• Participated and conducted blueprint workshops. Leading FICO team in requirement gathering for finance department including Account Receivable, Account Payable, Asset Accounting, General Ledger, Product Costing, Internal Controlling.
• Worked with development teams in the identification of Interfaces, capture the Interface Requirements and map the same requirements with functional requirement specifications.
• Worked with other functional consultants including MM, SD, PM, PP, PS to gather requirements and design an integrated solution for the whole processes from purchasing, production, and sales.
• Utilized MS Visio to draw process flow, workflow/sequence diagram.
• Documented Blueprint documents and presented SAP solution to the management team.
• Understood local accounting standards from different countries such as Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, China, and map local gaps with IFRS accounting standard
• Performed project analysis including Impact Analysis and undergoes Gap analysis against requirements.
• Undergoes the Risk analysis, preparation of Risk Tracker and manage it regularly
Testing SIT/ UAT
• Planned and defined a testing approach for finance –Test Plan and Test Strategy, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
• Created test scripts for different scenarios to cover the whole business process in finance.
• Performed and tracked regression and retesting whenever required.
• Provided consultancy to business users in preparing test scenarios/cases and undertook reviews of test plans to ensure quality delivery.
• Prepared training materials and provided on-site training, assistance with testing for multiple countries, issue resolution, and support.
• Coordinated with the Client team in UAT phase and get the entire defect resolved if any.
• Reviewed development estimates from development teams and actively seeks clarification/verification as appropriate.
• Prepared issue logs and followed up frequently with process owner and management.
• Worked closely with Project Management, providing inputs during project planning (resource requirements, development estimates, etc.) and throughout the implementation to ensure business objectives are met.
Authorization and Security
• Knowledge of User Administration, Role Administration.
• Worked with business owners to determine necessary authorizations to match business requirements.
• Created and maintained Authorization and Roles including Single role, Composite role and derived role.
• Provided guidance regarding single, composite, reference, and derived roles via PFCG
• Created and released transports.
• Migrated data for SAP FICO, Fund Management, Grant Management module objects such as vendors, customers, bank master, cost center, profit center, internal order, and transactional data such as AR, AP, GL.
• Created migration strategy to migrate inventory with product costing and material ledger.
• Worked closely with users to follow data submission status, data cleansing, data mapping from legacy system to SAP.
Project Managing Skill
• Takes full ownership of tasks and decisions in a timely manner
• Takes equal responsibility for successes for failure
• Demonstrates flexibility in dealing with others to achieve win-win solutions and good long-term relationship
• Consistently priorities, organizes, and manages work of self and others.
Related Knowledge/ Skills
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio
• Excellent knowledge of presentation, spreadsheet, word processing applications
• Quick learner, flexible, and a team player with emphasis on deliverables
• Pleasant personality with exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
• Very good analytical skills. She analyzes all the product cost in a complete way to each table and logic linkage. She could explain to decimal place for the differences and give analysis result to finance controllers and accountants.
• Not give up, although the users are very challenging, not reasonable, and the pressure from the project timeline is extreme.