(from March 2017 to August 2018)
• Managed and maintained the combined Group financial accounting, shared services including Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, Treasury, Financial accounting, and Payroll. The annual turnover of the Group exceeds over A$800 Mil.
• Partnered with the business to consolidate financial reporting, full PL ownership, consolidate New Zealand entities, monthly board and management, FTE tracking, and capex reports.
• Treasury Functions and Debt management: Responsible for the working capital, capex draw downs, and excess cash flow quarterly covenants reporting, interest rate swaps, hedge accounting for interest, forex and commodities.
• Integration: Responsible for coordinating the integration of Allied and Pinnacle Systems for Financial Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts payables, Business name changes, tax consolidation and change management.
(from August 2007 to March 2017)
• Managed and maintained the Company’s financial accounting services, shared services including Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, Treasury Financial accounting and Payroll. The annual turnover of the Group exceeds over A$600 Mil.
• Trusted Finance Partner responsible for the company’s consolidated financial reporting, consolidations of New Zealand entities, monthly board and management reports, Business Units Profit and loss, BAS, FBT, Payroll tax, Income tax returns for Australia and New Zealand, R&D returns, preparation of Financial statements for Australia, Financial statements for New Zealand Subsidiary, Tax accounting, Statutory and Income tax Audits, internal audit tracking, Capex Reporting, Audit Committee Reports, Capital Works Committee meeting, and treasury functions.
• Trusted Finance partner responsible for implementing Capex Management System, Share Point approval process, Capex Reporting on Budgets, Approval, Spend and Variance, Coordinating the monthly Capital Works Committee meeting with the Leadership team, Customer Claims Management System, Customer Claims Policy, Share Point approval process and Claims reporting.
• Delivered commercial analysis for Business Unit Performance on GM, EBITDA and EBIT, Customer Segment analysis of sales volumes, price and margins, variances to budget, Site Costs analysis, variance to budget, Detailed analysis of manufacturing labour, factory overheads distribution and warehousing overheads and variances to budget.
• Commercial contract evaluations: Customer rebate, Freight rate and Contract labour agreements, Group Insurance policy review and renewal and Insurance claims management.
• Compliance initiatives and policy reviews: Review of Depreciation Policy for GL and Tax, changeover of Tax Depreciation from Straight line to Diminishing method for new assets.
Responsibilities Additional: 2010 - 2013
• Trusted Finance partner responsible for the implementation of Customer Rebates Management, policy, share point approval process, and implementation of Freight Management and accrual process in SAP.
• Companywide Insurance policy review and renewal and Insurance claims management.
• Partnered with the business to prepare and present to the Board the yearly Budget, Forecast and Rolling Forecast.
Responsibilities: 2007 - 2010
• Managed and maintained the Company’s financial accounting services, shared services including Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, Payroll and Master File administration.
• Trusted Finance Partner responsible for the company’s consolidated financial reporting, monthly board reports and commentary, monthly management report.
• Managed the company’s BAS, FBT, Payroll tax, Income tax returns for Australia, R&D returns, preparation of Financial statements for Australia including consolidation of subsidiaries, Tax accounting, Statutory Audits and Income tax Audits.
• Responsible for preparing and presenting to the Head Office Cost Budgets.
• Coordinating and producing the 4-day month end results process including monthly revenue and expense variance analysis to budget and prior month, understanding key result drivers and preparation of high-level reports for Chief Financial Officer.
• Treasury Functions: Responsible for establishing Working Capital, Term Loan and Commodity Finance limits, coordinating the rollover of existing facility with new limits, interest rate hedging, foreign exchange contracts for imports and exports.
• Training, supervising, developing and motivating a team of 11 staff in areas of accounting and reporting.