Scribendi Inc, the leader in online editing and proofreading services, with our primary goal is to provide clients with fast, reliable, and affordable language services is currently looking for great remote editors to add to our roster.
As one of our talented remote editors you will have the ability to work from home while choosing the types of assignments that interest you. You can interact with both in-house and other remote staff through email, online forums and company newsletters and memos, and you will receive free training and incentives that can be redeemed at online retailers.
You will not have any of the hassle of bidding or pitching to clients, but you’ll have job security and be paid promptly.
Working with Scribendi.com requires a moderate level of computer and Internet knowledge. You need to be comfortable downloading and uploading files, attaching files to e-mails, saving and finding files on your computer, file transfers, renaming files, and using a web site interface. You should have a good working knowledge of the major document file formats and their associated software programs. As we also sometimes get documents that misbehave, some ability to troubleshoot technical problems is helpful.
• A university degree in a relevant field
• At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
• English must be your native language
• Excellent reading comprehension skills, and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
• Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
• An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000-1,500 words per hour
• Microsoft Word 2010 on a secure PC (not Mac) computer
• Broadband/high-speed Internet access
• The ability to accept payments in your own account in US dollars using PayPal.com. (Please review PayPal's international payment network for more details.)
• A graduate degree
• Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Star/Open Office, Word Perfect, Final Draft, LaTeX, Acrobat, iWorks, Publisher, PageMaker, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA, etc.)
To apply please visit our website.