This school has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in their most recent Ofsted report with the ambition of the school leaders and the governing body being highlighted as a particular strength, stating that they have created a culture of high aspirations and designed a learning environment to support this. The Ofsted report is reflected by the school’s most recent exam results where 80% of students achieved A*-C in their GCSE Maths and English exams. The school itself is located in a flourishing area of Hounslow with a range of great transport links close by.
Your new role
In your new teaching job you will be delivering high quality lesson content, which will keep students engaged and motivated to create the best possible learning environment. You will be responsible for teaching KS3 through to KS4 within the ASD Centre attached to the school.
Year 7 and 8 have their lessons mostly in the Centre, however Year 9 will also have some lessons within the main building having access to D&T, ICT and other facilities. These students are supported by 3 LSAs and have EHCs which include ASD and Mild Learning Difficulties. Some students are also supported by a qualified Speech and Language Therapist who have implemented guidelines that need to be incorporated into the lesson plans. The curriculum is kept in line with mainstream as much as possible and each student has a structured timetable for the full academic year.
In return, you will receive a supportive and nurturing workplace, with access to new state of the art resources as well as opportunities for career progression and continuous training. You will be working alongside one other SEND Teacher and report into a Senior Leader who is the school’s Safeguarding Officer.
What you'll need to succeed
• Relevant qualification in education
• Experience delivering KS3+ curriculum within an SEND setting
• To be a motivated and passionate teacher and strong class management skills
• Previous experience working in a secondary school and/or SEND environment
• Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in to an SEND department
What you'll get in return
• Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
• A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
• Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher + Reimbursement bonuses
• Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
• Regular social events and discounted travel deals
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job for Centre Manager in excellent childcare service, Lower North Shore.
Take your first step to a childcare career l
Temporary 3 month contract job for Family Support Worker in a Not for Profit Catholic Organisation
Room Leader Job for Diploma Educator in State of the Art Centre, Inner West Sydney
30 hours a week OSHC Co-ordinator Job in the Eastern Suburbs Sydney.
Newly created role to strategically develop and drive multi-channel customer strategies across ANZ region