Salary - $135,000 to $150,000 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Livestock Australia is a leading sheep feedlot specialist in Armidale, Australia. Due to our exciting growth and evolving structure, we currently have great opportunity available for Livestock Farmer to join the team and plan, control and perform farming operations to breed and raise a variety of sheep.
The position is suited to an appropriately skilled, self-motivated and energetic person with the ability to work autonomously within a team environment to coordinate efficient livestock movements through effective liaison and negotiation with the Livestock Manager.
• Monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of the livestock
• Directing and coordinating livestock farm activities, such as breeding, rearing, equipment maintenance and shipment of livestock.
• Reviewing production of mixed livestock and storage records to determine productivity.
• Optimizing the stock health and performance in balance with ensuring optimal pasture and fodder management
• Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
• Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
• Oversee livestock movements in, throughout and off the site.
Requirements and Essential Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in the agriculture and horticulture industry.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
• A proven record of livestock farming skills.
• Advanced livestock logistics, welfare and handling skills
• Exceptional communication and organisational skills
• A strong understanding of WHS, and leading by example in terms of Safety
A salary range of $135,000 to $150,000 depending on experience plus 9.5% superannuation to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Only candidates with necessary qualifications suitable for the job are encouraged to apply.