Located in south west Sydney, this is a growing specialist in Civil Construction. An innovative company, they provide a complete civil solution in pavement construction, drainage, bulk and detail earthworks, structural landscaping and sportsfield construction.
What makes this Company Different?
Driven by a Managing Director who leads a healthy business with family friendly values, they offer a unique culture – where you can do more of the things you love & you will love coming to work. It’s a ‘team first’, transparent environment allowing everyone to enjoy their work, whilst growing and achieving epic results for clients.
As a Registered supplier to NSW Local Government, they innovate with the latest in 3D GPS technology, to enable time and cost savings and encourage waste reduction through recycled and renewable products.
This position has come about due to continued growth and the desire to propel the business to the next level. Pivotal in this will be your role as Civil Estimator. To excel in this role we envisage that you’ll be either
● An experienced Civil Estimator/Engineer with a strong track record & client relationships
● And someone able to identify and bring opportunities to the business
● A Civil Estimator (min. 3 years exp) seeking to progress to the next level, and
● Able to hit the ground running, develop and take on a future leadership role
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
● Minimum 3 years relevant Civil estimating experience in Australia
● Demolition, civil construction and remediation contracting experience
● An in-depth understanding of contracts and contract administration
● Ability to interpret drawing plans
● Doing quantity take offs for tenders, contract variations & coordination of site works
● Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
● Able to prioritise and work to tight, often competing deadlines
● Be highly analytical with strong attention to detail
● Proven track record of winning tenders on civil and rail infrastructure
● Experience in producing short term programs & cost tracking spreadsheets
● Ability to work autonomously or in a team, and attend site meetings
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel
In addition, the following would be highly regarded:
● Bachelor Degree (Civil and/or Construction)
● Project Management experience
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to further your career, or for less experienced Estimators, to step up to a new level and develop your leadership capabilities. The company leadership fosters family friendly values and encourages work life balance and a great team culture.
An excellent salary package (PLUS fully maintained car) will be negotiated depending on your skills and experience. To take advantage of this unique opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining why you are the best person for this role.
Applications close 6th March, 2020.