EXHIBITION SALES & RELATIONSHIP EXECUTIVE
This full time position is located on the Sydney Northern Beaches. This company is a dynamic membership organization for professionals throughout Australia.
You will need to be highly organised, proactive and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. Be trustworthy and reliable with excellent communication and writing skills and a professional phone manner. Sound judgement, tact and discretion are also a must for this role.
To develop and maintain relationships with key industry players relevant to the business and secure sales of exhibitions and sponsorship for events in accordance with agreed financial and industry targets in 5 states.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database
* Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone
* Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with other staff and management
* Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information
* Secure targeted numbers of exhibitors for exhibitions from existing clients and new prospects
* Research and identify new potential clients within existing and new target industries
* Secure targeted numbers of sponsors for each Exhibition
* Work with the marketing team to maintain the integrity of the databases and produce associated communications and collateral
* Attend various exhibitions and assist managing client relationships and the exhibition onsite
* Assist with creating Prospectus for all states.
Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company management. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well-presented and businesslike. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Must be mature and able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Specific Job Skills:
Must be an excellent telephone communicator. Able to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media. Understands the principles of sales and relationship establishment and management, including benefits and needs based selling as well as the growing importance of empathy selling. Experience in selling in either the events, hospitality, travel or exhibition industries desirable, as would be experience of selling sponsorship.
* Highly organized
* High computer proficiency
* Exceptional eye for detail
* Professional phone manner
* High communication skills
* Excellent writing skills
* High level of integrity
* Ability to multi-task
Must be adept in use of MS Office suite of products, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook, and have sound database knowledge and user experience, ideally with Salesforce.
Full time - 5 days a week