HR Advisor / Generalist
Based in Warriewood
Part Time, Permanent Role (20-hour base)
$50,000 - $75,000 Pro Rata, Plus Super, (depending on experience)
Our client is an internationally renowned Danish Lifestyle brand in the luxury goods industry. In this position the objective is to maintain effective HR systems and processes to support company objectives and provide HR guidance and services in line with company policies and legal guidelines. You will support the company's strategy and provide practical, business orientated HR guidance and services on support of that strategy. You will be involved in recruitment, training and development
Areas of the Role:
* Manage the recruitment process including; conducting interviews, coordinating the use of pre-employment police and reference checking, adherence to legal obligations and policies, completing contact and offer documentation and coordinating the induction/ onboarding plan for new hires.
* Ensure position description are updated and evaluated prior to the commencement of the recruiting process
* Build and maintain relationships with retail staff anticipating recruitment needs ensuring vacancies are filled in a timely manner
* Provide performance management coaching and influence managers to take appropriate actions to deal with performance issues
Policies and Procedures:
* Ensure effective and compliant policies are in place, aligned with corporate direction and local law, and ensuring any new policies & procedures are communicated with management and employees
Employee Relations and communication & Training and Development:
* Anticipate and respond to employee relations concerns, identify potential problem areas and work with managers to take specific actions to mitigate risks.
* Advise and coach managers on employee relations issues, including, assisting in preparation of written action plans and performance improvement plans, resolving issues, building relationships and achieving business goals.
Work Health & Safety
Skills and Experience Required:
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar HR position
* Relevant tertiary qualifications
* Excellent communication both written and verbal
* Knowledge of the General Retail Award, Fair Work Act, Privacy Act WHS Act & NES
* Strong coaching and advisory skills
* Intermediate MS Office Suite Skills
* Sound knowledge of work practices and procedures within a retail environment