The company is an International retail designer who create high end lifestyle products ranging from hollowware to watches, jewellery and home products. The Australian head office is based on Sydney's Northern Beaches. The offices are bright with open offices on each level and a comfortable, calming setting.
Currently they are in need of an Accounts Assistant to join the Accounts team, who will be assisting the Financial Controller directly. This is an opportunity for a recent graduate / return to work accountant to get some solid experience and build a career with a well-established company.
Full Time, Permanent Position
An opportunity to work close to home on the Northern Beaches
Parking on site
$55,000 - $65,000 + Superannuation (Depending on Experience)
* Full function Accounts Payable & Receivable.
* Bank Reconciliations
* Payroll support & projects to support CFO
* Maintenance of debtors and creditors GL
* Assist in month-end close - bank reconciliations, processing of journals
* Assist in month-end and year-end reporting
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Audit assistance
* Preparing monthly and quarterly tax returns including GST, FBT& BAS Monthly.
* Assisting with budgets and quarterly forecasts.
* Quality control over financial reporting and financial transactions.
* Assisting with any other finance duties as required
The successful Candidate will have:
* Have a minimum of 12 months experience in month end duties - processing journals and performing balance sheet reconciliations. Not just experience transactional finance duties (i.e. AP and/or AR).
* Relevant tertiary qualifications in accounting and ideally have started or completed your CA/CPA or equivalent qualifications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* A team player with excellent problem solving skills
Please Note: Peninsula Personnel is a local recruitment agency. Only candidates that live on or near the Northern Beaches with full Australian work rights will be considered.